Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Louisiana Home Insurance
Serving Baton Rouge, New Orleans and surrounding areas since 1929
Whether your Louisiana home is large or small, old or new, one thing's for certain: you should protect it with home insurance policy. This coverage can ease your financial burden if your home is vicitimized by a burglary, storm or other incident. It can also provide protection if a liability claim or lawsuit is filed against you.
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you. McInnis Insurance Services, Inc. has more than 80 years of experience assisting Louisiana homeowners, as well as access to coverage options from a variety of carriers. Let us help you get the coverage you desire.
Things To Consider And Questions To Ask Your Agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? At McInnis Insurance Services, Inc., we will sit with you and do a Comprehensive Replacement Cost Estimator to determine what it would cost to rebuild your house.
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Our agency does its own Customer Service and deals directly with our insured's instead of sending them to some call center.
- What discounts are available? We have several opportunities to save you money, our agents work with you to maximize your savings.
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? We are one of the few agencies that have a dedicated employee that handles nothing but claims for us. As a McInnis Insurance Services customer you can call us and we will file the claim for you or if you have any problems/questions you can call Mary at 844.926.0860 and she will handle the issue and go to the Carriers on your behalf.
What Is Home Insurance?
Home insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Home insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Home improvements can have an effect an your home insurance premiums. Click here for more information.
Why Do You Need Home Insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.